Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Despite a rumor to the contrary last week, Google(S GOOG) Chairman Eric Schmidt said today that his company has not submitted a Google Maps app to the App Store, but they are “in communication” with Apple, according to Reuters.
- Analyzing the 5 million iPhone 5 units sold over the weekend, Asymco says it may not be lower demand or production shortages, but Apple’s miscalculation of where iPhone shoppers wanted to buy their iPhone — online versus waiting in line at an Apple Store versus picking one up from Best Buy.
- CNET goes to China to see what it’s like for workers in a Foxconn or Pegatron factory building gadgets like iPhones.
- Ars Technica digs up more information on how the new Lightning connector does so much work with so few pins.
- Meanwhile, AppleInsider sheds some light on why the Lightning adapter sold out so much quicker than the iPhone 5.