With so many people writing about Apple, finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Apple issued the iOS 6 update yesterday, the same day as a Mountain Lion upgrade, as well as a bunch of new updated third-party apps. What did App Store traffic look like? Sandvine has a rather amazing chart.
- Downloaded iOS 6 and already decided you can’t deal with the change from Google Maps to Apple Maps? 9to5 Mac has helpfully put together a list of apps that will bring back the features you might be missing.
- It took a little over three months, but Microsoft finally updated Microsoft Word for the MacBook Pro with Retina display. (via MacRumors)
- Patent troll alert: Unwired Planet (formerly Openwave Systems) targets Apple and Google with lawsuits claiming each company violates 10 mobile patents each, CNET reports.
- Apple exploring ways to offer a streaming music service sent Pandora’s stock diving last week. Still, Pandora’s user base continues to grow. The New York Times looks at the barriers to entry Apple may face in building such a service.