Here’s a quick look at some of the numbers Facebook (s fb) CEO Mark Zuckerberg shared at his talk today at the Disrupt conference.
- 235 million people playing games on Facebook monthly. Zynga’s share may be going down but others like Kixeye are seeing their share grow.
- Facebook already has more than 1 billion search queries a day. Zuckerberg said Facebook has a search team and it’s only a matter of time before it launches a search product.
- Instagram, which was recently acquired by Facebook, has 100 million registered users. But he said the goal was to get Instagram up to hundreds of millions of users while treating them the company like an Open Graph partner.
- Facebook’s mobile users are more than twice as likely to visit the social network more than 6 or 7 times per week compared to desktop users. That bolsters Zuckerberg’s view that mobile will be a big opportunity for Facebook.
- After Facebook’s new iOS app launch, which was built with native code, users are reading 2X the number of stories in their news feed. That speaks to the speed of the new app, validating Facebook’s move away from HTML5, which Zuckerberg said was the company’s biggest mistake.
- Of the top iOS apps, 8 out of the top 10 are integrated with Facebook. More than building apps inside Facebook, Zuckerberg said he was more interested in connecting outside apps to Facebook using Open Graph.