With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- iOS developer Marco Arment says some new iOS devices showed up in his website’s traffic logs. Based on that information, he has some pretty good guesses about the hardware specs of the rumored iPad Mini Apple has yet to formally announce.
- The Wall Street Journal breaks down an even bigger patent fight brewing between Apple and Samsung, one set for trial in 2014, and why Google is very concerned about this one.
- While Apple may still be riding high from its spectacular court victory over Samsung in California last week, it got a little wake-up call in Tokyo today: There a judge dismissed another Apple patent complaint against Samsung, USA Today reports.
- It’s been a long while since Apple updated the iMac. Is a new model coming soon? Cult of Mac points to one promising sign: 27-inch iMacs are mysteriously sold out in many Apple stores across the U.S.
- When Apple promoted two SVPs earlier this week and announced retiring executive Bob Mansfield was staying on, things got kind of awkward when Mansfield and his successor appeared on Apple’s website with the exact same title, SVP of Hardware Engineering. Apple has now changed Mansfield’s title, but still leaves some mystery surrounding his new assignment, which 9to5Mac explains.