With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- We know from reports last week that Apple’s not having much success getting cable operators on board with its vision for Apple TV. And after meeting with Apple, analysts are confirming that this is the case: don’t expect a new and improved Apple TV soon. (via Fortune)
- Bloomberg Businessweek looks at Apple’s potential for future growth, even after hitting a historic market capitalization milestone earlier this week.
- More fallout from the Genius ad debacle? Shortly after pulling the ads from TV and the web, the executive producer behind Apple’s ads has quit TBWA/Media Arts Lab, the agency that’s produced Apple’s iconic ads for decades. (via Advertising Age)
- We’re still awaiting the jury’s decision in the Apple-Sasmung patent case in California. But a South Korean court has ruled in a similar case between the two companies. Bloomberg reports that Apple was found to have violated two Samsung patents, and Samsung to have infringed on one Apple patent. Apple has to stop selling the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2 in South Korea, while Samsung has to pull the Galaxy S, Galaxy S II, Galaxy Tab and nine other products off store shelves in its home country.
- It’s pretty clear Apple’s ready to introduce a new iPhone and a smaller iPad in time for the holidays. But will it be at the same time? John Gruber has a theory that Apple will hold separate events less than a month apart to maximize exposure of both gadgets.