Telcos and communications service providers (CSPs) are facing rapidly shrinking margins, competition from over-the-top providers and rising investment costs, which is putting tremendous pressure on their network analytics departments to do something. These teams must provide insights into the business that will help decrease churn, improve customer service and ultimately increase ARPU. But this is easier said than done when most telcos are still operating in silo mode, attempting to pull information out of various data marts and do analytics by Excel spreadsheet. This approach is ineffective in today’s competitive landscape and the new world of big data, which is not just about traditional data stores but also about all the apps, devices and location data unique to each customer.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Netezza for “Making big-data analytics pay: T-Mobile makes the business case for big-data analytics in telecommunications,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2012, at 10 a.m. PST.
Our panel of experts will address these topics:
• Telco market dynamics and competition
• Current big-data analytics challenges
• Best practices for incorporating big-data analytics
• Impact of mobile applications and smart devices on analytic systems
• Future of big-data analytics and its applicability across industry sectors
• Moderator: Jo Maitland, Research Director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
• Piyanka Jain, Analyst, GigaOM Pro
• Christine Twiford, Manager: Network Technology Solutions, T-Mobile
• Raquel Katigbak, Business Solutions Executive – Communications, Big Data Solutions, IBM
Reserve your spot today.