Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- The Atlantic argues against Apple’s ability to truly disrupt the cable industry (as it did with music) at this present time by pointing out that “the video business in 2012 is nothing like the music business in 2000. So the iTV will be nothing like the iPod.”
- The Apple-Google battle entered a new phase earlier this year with Apple’s decision to swap out Google’s Maps app for its own in iOS. But it’s going to continue to get more competitive, says Technology Review, and the companies are on the path to eventually compete over local transactions.
- A security researcher discussed on his blog — pod2G’s iOS Blog — the potential security risks associated with text messaging on the iPhone due to loophole it says Apple has left open.
- iDownloadBlog analyzes the competition in China the iPhone faces and concludes that Apple’s path to dominance in smartphones in the region won’t be as easy as it’s been for Apple’s tablets.
- Apple announced earlier this year it would be building a data center in Oregon. AppleInsider points to recently unearthed information that shows it’ll resemble the company’s recent expansion plans for its North Carolina data site.