Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- The judge in the Apple-Samsung trial has made it clear in the past few weeks that she is annoyed with the courtroom theatrics from both sides. Today she strongly suggested, even after more than two weeks of testimony, that the two settle before a jury gets to decide, the San Jose Mercury News reports.
- Because of internal numbers released during the Apple-Samsung trial, we know that IDC’s tablet sales numbers are at the very least highly questionable. Fortune today points out the same problem with Gartner’s smartphone numbers: they can’t be as accurate as the analyst firm is claiming.
- Business Insider has a Q&A with the creator of Quake Labs, a company founded by a bunch of original members of Apple’s iPhone team, which is looking to create an easier way for people to create content directly on a phone or tablet.
- Microsoft(s MSFT) says Office for Mac is compatible with OS X Mountain Lion, but it still hasn’t updated the entire software suite to be compatible with Apple’s biggest new Mac product this year: the MacBook Pro with Retina display. As Macworld reports, Microsoft doesn’t plan on it for some time, either.
- CNET reminds us why Apple is targeting Android device makers instead of Google(s GOOG), maker of Android, over alleged iPhone and iPad patent violations.