With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- First came the price reductions, then the AT&T(s t) memo: iPhone carriers are clearly in preparation mode for a new iPhone. 9to5Mac notes today that German carrier Deutsche Telekom today started offering its customers “pre-order tickets” for a new (but still unannounced) iPhone. The ticket guarantees those who get one the opportunity to order an iPhone first and get express delivery from the carrier, whenever Apple does make the official announcement.
- Is Apple cutting back on retail store employees? MacRumors says it’s heard from some Apple Store workers in the U.S., U.K. and Canada who say some new hires have been let go and other employees have had their hours reduced recently. There are no exact numbers given, so it’s not clear how widespread the layoffs may be.
- TechCrunch looks at the environmental impact of Apple’s rumored upcoming dock connector change for iPhones, iPods and iPads.
- Apple’s been coy about its plan for the living room, whether it would make a television or partner with content providers like cable companies. The patent that Patently Apple dug up today is very interesting: it’s an Apple patent on displaying cable and DVR content on Apple TV.
- An iOS app maker, Empirical Magic, has posted a helpful chart showing iOS compatibility across every Apple mobile device.