With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Apple revealed during a courtroom session in its Samsung trial today that it’s licensed some of its iOS design patents to Microsoft, but with the agreement that Microsoft not try to use them to clone any Apple devices, Reuters reports.
- Technology Review looks at how far iPhone security has come since 2007. With app sandboxing and device encryption today, it is so secure that it’s mostly impossible for law enforcement to search iPhones for forensic evidence.
- Like clockwork, BGR gets wind of AT&T wireless memo banning employee vacation from the third or fourth week of September through mid-October.
- Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster has been predicting the arrival of an Apple television for years, yet no such device has materialized. Dan Rayburn of StreamingMedia.com wonders why people still take Munster’s predictions seriously.
- Apple’s already killed the optical drive in the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Computerworld looks at the evidence that Apple may be killing the optical drive in more Macs pretty soon.