With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- The Apple-Samsung patent infringement trial carries on, and no judgment has been issued yet. Still, TIME argues that the larger point Apple was attempting to make by suing Samsung (and others) has already been made.
- Yesterday was the deadline to own Apple stock if you wanted to be eligible for the company’s new $2.65 dividend. Fortune reviews how traders went about procuring that stock to be in the money.
- Ars Technica did some of its own testing, and found evidence that OS X Mountain Lion is resulting in shortened battery life for some Mac owners who’ve installed the recent OS update.
- The latest Apple Store rumor is that Apple is “quietly” price-matching the iPhone 4 to potential buyers who mention they’ve seen a discounted device at Sprint, other carriers and retailers like Best Buy are currently offering. MacRumors has a look at what it says is an employee memo allowing for a $49 price cut in stores.
- Gizmodo has a first-person account of what it’s like to be an extra on the set of Jobs, one of the two Steve Jobs biopic projects currently underway.
Image courtesy of Flickr user Nisha A.