With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- We know Apple’s sitting on plenty of cash. The New York Times‘ mergers and acquisitions reporter Andrew Ross Sorkin took a shot at making up a shopping list of some prospective game-changing acquisitions that CEO Tim Cook could pull off — despite Apple’s tendency to shy away from blockbuster deals. The list includes a wireless carrier, a smartphone maker, two social networks, a mobile payments pioneer and the technology the powers Siri.
- Rumors abound that Apple is planning for a big wave of products this fall. Apple number cruncher Horace Dediu looks at patterns in Apple’s financial data to predict just how many iOS devices the company is planning to ship during the last quarter of the year.
- The Independent has more quotes from Apple’s Jony Ive at the British Business Embassy event in London this week. He adds a bit more color on what we already know about Apple’s highly focused, intensive product design process.
- The Apple-Samsung patent trial is in full swing right now, and Samsung’s head of product sat down with Wired to give its side of the story.
- 9to5Mac brings news of an iCloud outage affecting some users of the service. Are you one of them? Apple is apparently aware and working on a fix.