With so many people writing about Apple, finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Apple was once again outspent by Google in lobbying our nation’s policymakers. Still, as Fortune points out, it’s interesting to see which causes Apple cares about most: patents, copyright law, batteries, and more.
- CEO Tim Cook is an efficiency expert. And The Wall Street Journal has a piece today exemplifying what he brings to Apple: the company gets paid for its products faster than it pays to make them.
- The loophole that allowed an in-app purchase hack for iOS apps has been closed by Apple. And Alexey Borodin, the Russian developer behind the hack, admits he’s been defeated, according to ZDNet.
- Reuters says it has confirmed what has been rumored for months: that Apple is set to change up the docking connector on the next iPhone.
- Cult of Mac looks at the choices consumers face when they want to buy ebooks and how Apple’s iBooks can present a particular dilemma for buyers.