With so many people writing about Apple, finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- The transition from MobileMe to iCloud is nearly complete: Apple’s getting ready to rollout new @icloud.com email addresses. While users of legacy @me.com and @mac.com addresses don’t have to change, a lot of people are still annoyed with the third Apple email domain change in a little over a decade, Fortune writes.
- From 9to5Mac: No real surprise here, considering its attitude toward the iPhone’s HotSpot feature, but AT&T is reportedly set to charge its iPhone customers that want to use Apple’s FaceTime service over a cellular connection, which will be enabled in iOS 6. (You can also take our poll on what you think about this.)
- Some good news for iPhone 3GS owners via MacRumors: Apple is beefing up the iOS 6 features that will be compatible with these older iPhone models. Both shared Photostreams and VIP lists for Mail filtering will work on the 3GS, according to Apple.
- The iPad can now double as a remote for My Xbox Live users thanks to a software update now available in the iOS App Store, according to Engadget.
- Steve Jobs (and Apple) famously patented the glass staircase design used in Apple Stores. But an eagle-eyed attendant at the Apple Store reopening in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood this weekend notes on design blog Core77 that Apple is continuing to push architectural boundaries with its use of glass.