Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Asymco does its own projections of the state of the PC market and wonders why lately there always an excuse for slipping PC sales: “There always seems to be a wrinkle, a quirk, or an exceptional circumstance that is to blame.”
- An op-ed in the New York Times explains Apple’s recently reported practice of not selling products to some Iranian-Americans. The piece, written by the head of the Iranian American National Council, outlines how U.S. trade sanctions on Iran effectively encourage businesses like Apple to practice racial profiling in order to follow the law.
- It turns out iPad-only newspapers aren’t great business after all. The New York Observer hears that News Corp.’s The Daily has lost $30 million and “will be reassessed after the November 6 election.”
- Aereo avoided an injunction on its TV service yesterday, and today Fortune explains how this temporary ruling could actually have an effect on any future Apple TV-related content plans.
- Up in Sun Valley, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes speculates about how a new Apple TV could work with cable partners to the New York Times.