Stay on Top of Emerging Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
- Fortune looks at how the rise of Apple’s Retina display technology has ratcheted up general expectations for all of our touchscreen devices today and wonders whether or not we really need such high-definition displays on all of our gadgets.
- Is Apple going too far in its crackdown on app marketers? VentureBeat talks to gaming companies who say they’re not confident that Apple is handling the policing of its App Store as well as it could.
- You win some, you lose some: Apple was unsuccessful in convincing the International Trade Commission to stop the HTC One X And HTC Evo 4G smartphones from crossing the U.S. border, Bloomberg reports.
- Apple was forced to pay $60 million in a dispute over the iPad trademark in China. And now a household chemical company in the country is taking its turn, reports Kotaku. Jiangsu Xuebao is suing Apple over “Snow Leopard” claiming it owns the trademark for its own product — though it’s unclear how a cleaning product and a desktop OS of the same name could legitimately be confused by anyone.
- I reviewed it last fall when it arrived in theaters, but the Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview has just hit the iTunes Store for the first time. It’s a glimpse of Jobs during his NeXT years, before he’d make his return to Apple. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t seen it.