With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- You’ve surely read about Orbitz (s oww) surfacing pricier hotel rooms for users doing travel search on a Mac by now. The Wall Street Journal expands on its earlier story to explain why exactly Mac users are so desirable for retailers like Orbitz.
- Fortune writes about the increasing importance of design patents to Apple’s ongoing patent showdown with Samsung and other mobile companies.
- When sold side by side with AT&T(s T) and Verizon(s VZW) iPhones in Apple Stores, Sprint (s S) iPhones lag far behind in sales — though they do fine at other retailers. AllThingsD endeavors to figure out why.
- In a story about a new product from Brightcove, The Verge examines Apple TV and how Airplay might be “the Trojan horse for putting connected TVs in every home.”
- Is the iPhone still the top-selling smartphone at Verizon? Two Apple analysts disagree on the answer, AppleInsider reports.
Image courtesy of Flickr user Savara