- You’ve surely read about Orbitz (s oww) surfacing pricier hotel rooms for users doing travel search on a Mac by now. The Wall Street Journal expands on its earlier story to explain why exactly Mac users are so desirable for retailers like Orbitz.
- Fortune writes about the increasing importance of design patents to Apple’s ongoing patent showdown with Samsung and other mobile companies.
- When sold side by side with AT&T(s T) and Verizon(s VZW) iPhones in Apple Stores, Sprint (s S) iPhones lag far behind in sales — though they do fine at other retailers. AllThingsD endeavors to figure out why.
- In a story about a new product from Brightcove, The Verge examines Apple TV and how Airplay might be “the Trojan horse for putting connected TVs in every home.”
- Is the iPhone still the top-selling smartphone at Verizon? Two Apple analysts disagree on the answer, AppleInsider reports.