- AppleInsider recounts how at a recent industry conference the CTO for SITA, a company that does IT for airlines, said he believes the iPhone — with Passbook and NFC — will be a catalyst for mobile tickets for their industry. “You need to get ready, this is coming,” he told them.
- Apple has chosen to use Yelp’s (s YELP) API for location check-ins within its upcoming Maps product, Bloomberg notes, giving it a potential advantage over rival check-in service Foursquare.
- We’ve been wondering about this: Is Chomp’s app search and discovery starting to be integrated into Apple’s App Store search? TechCrunch heard from a few developers who think the answer is “yes.”
- We know Apple heavily influenced Microsoft’s(s MSFT) foray into physical stores. But what about Disney(s DIS) and Tesla? Forbes explains Steve Jobs’ vision of retail and how it has directly affected all three brands.
- 9 to 5 Mac notes that Apple has quietly changed the language used to describe the Mac’s virus susceptibility.