Interest in Hadoop is booming as it moves beyond the large Web properties to industries such as banking, retail, oil and gas, government, and more. As the value of Hadoop is more broadly recognized, more organizations are investigating this open-source big data platform. It is worth noting that there have been some growing pains among traditional enterprises for several reasons. Lack of skills required to deploy and run Hadoop and concerns about the security and reliability of the software and how it will integrate with existing data management systems are just a few things slowing adoption.
We will discuss these topics and more:
- Who is using Hadoop today?
- What’s holding up mainstream users from jumping in?
- What does the future look like for Hadoop?
Our panel of experts includes:
- Jo Maitland, Research Director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
- Derrick Harris, Infrastructure Curator, GigaOM Pro
- Tim Berglund, GigaOM Pro Analyst, GigaOM Pro
- Ari Zilka, Chief Products Officer, Hortonworks
Register here and join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Hortonworks for “Top 5 innovations for Hadoop in the enterprise,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, May 30, 2012, at 10 a.m. PT.
If you missed last week’s webinar, “Hitting a home run in the cloud: scaling for massive traffic is no game for top sports news site,” check it out on demand.