- Dell(s DELL) admits “alternative mobile computing devices” — aka the iPad and other smartphones and tablets — are having a significant effect on its PC business, Marketwatch reports.
- How big of a chunk has the iPad taken out of the entire PC market? Asymco has a good visualization of the latest numbers.
- Following his epic takedown last week of Digitimes’ faulty Apple reporting, Harry McCracken at TIME posts a response from the Taiwanese publication and his own post-mortem thoughts on Apple rumors that are worth reading.
- Speaking of rumors: more hints that Microsoft(s MSFT) may be closer to releasing an iOS version of Office, according to BGR. And, in a twist, there might also be an Android(s GOOG) version in the works too.
- Not only did the mediation talks between the Apple and Samsung chief executives not bear much fruit, accusations between the two companies continue to fly. This time Samsung is accusing Apple of withholding documents in their ongoing court battle, writes The Mac Observer.