If there’s such a thing as a perfect sports season, we’re in the middle of it right now. From the NBA and NHL play-offs to baseball season and then the Olympics, it’s a great time for sports fans. But for anyone on the IT side supporting this huge fan base, it can be a challenging stretch. Sports news site BleacherReport.com knows this story well. It provides up-to-the-minute information on all of these events to millions of users and increasingly to their mobile devices.
To meet traffic demands and quickly route around hot spots, its operations room has giant screens for continuous performance monitoring and management. But still, cloud application performance can be a dicey game with so many variables to consider.
Join GigaOM Pro and New Relic for “Hitting a home run in the cloud,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on May 16 at 10 a.m. PT. This webinar digs into the challenges of Web application performance management and how BleacherReport.com is meeting its self-imposed goal of 99 percent uptime to its fan base.
In this webinar, we will look at the following topics:
- What are the most common performance challenges BleacherReport.com encounters and how does it navigate them?
- Find out how it scales its infrastructure dynamically for peaks and valleys in traffic.
- Learn about the cloud application performance tools BleacherReport.com relies on.
- Hear how BleacherReport.com is preparing for the Olympics.
Our panel of experts includes:
- Jo Maitland, Research Director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
- Bernd Harzog, GigaOM Pro Analyst
- Sam Parnell, VP, Product and Engineering, Bleacher
- Jim Gochee, SVP of Products, New Relic
Register here to claim your spot in this free analyst roundtable webinar.