With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Apple is cranking the up the drama in its legal war with Samsung. Network World uncovered a recent legal motion in which Apple accuses Samsung of destroying “vast quantities” of evidence the company was supposed to turn over to Apple’s lawyers.
- Wonder why so many TV and movie characters carry MacBooks, iPhones and iPads? BusinessWeek reports on how Apple came to be the most sought-after product placement source for gadgets in Hollywood.
- Starting on Wednesday, the U.S. Postal Service will no longer deliver international shipments of gadgets with lithium-ion batteries — like iPads, Kindles, iPhones — to any recipients, including U.S. troops stationed overseas. Fast Company explains the USPS’s new rule.
- China Daily says CEO of Foxconn Terry Gou told reporters that his company is “making preparations” for an Apple television. It’s not a direct quote, and if you read closely it doesn’t indicate there’s been an order from Apple, merely that his factories would be ready to build them. Either way, another bit of tantalizing fuel for the Apple television rumor fire.
- Mildly amusing: Ask Siri what the best smartphone is and its automatic answer is not “iPhone 4S,” as The Next Web discovered.