Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
So much so that, in 2012, global revenue from mobile advertising and content will hit $67 billion, according to a new Strategy Analytics forecast.
That is the remainder of the firm’s total mobile media category projection of $149.8 billion, which includes a projected 9.5 percent increase in mobile data subscription sales to $82.8 billion. The details:
- App downloads will grow 38 percent to 23 billion.
- App spend will grow 30.7 percent to $26.1 billion.
- Apps will make up 18.9 percent of mobile media outlay.
- Mobile ad spend will grow 85.4 per cent to $11.6 billion.
- In-app ad sales in the US and western Europe will overtake mobile web display sales ($934.5 million).
- “Despite the huge audience of 271 million users, ad revenues from mobile video are tiny – a meagre $223 million globally in 2011.”