With so many people writing about Apple, finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Mac users, beware: the invulnerability of OS X machines is a myth. Get ready for more “botnets, drive-by downloads, and mass malware from here on out,” says Ars Technica’s Jacqui Cheng.
- ZDNet Australia is appropriately confused by Apple’s claim that 3G and 4G are essentially the same thing. Apple has come under fire for calling its new iPad the “iPad Wi-FI + 4G” even in countries like Australia where only 3G networks are in operation.
- TIME TechLand calls Apple SVP Phil Schiller a “snob” for ditching Instagram after the service opened up to millions of Android users earlier this month.
- The iPhone launches on five more U.S. carriers Friday — none of which are T-Mobile. 9to5Mac has the list.
- Remember that rumor that Tim Cook was wandering around Valve’s headquarters last week? Yeah, that didn’t happen, Valve’s CEO said on a podcast called Seven Day Cooldown.