With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Wired Enterprise lays out the ongoing “grudge match” between Apple and Greenpeace over Apple’s gigantic data center in North Carolina.
- Marketwatch looks at how his good friend Larry Ellison is acting as a proxy in Steve Jobs’ quest to destroy Android though the current Oracle-Google trial.
- Best Buy(s BBY) has been the victim of Amazon’s(s AMZN) online retail success. But how do Apple’s wildly profitable retail stores stack up against the two? Dan Frommer at SplatF put together a handy chart.
- Apple is really eager for Mobile Me customers to upgrade to iCloud. As incentive, Apple is offering some Leopard users free upgrades to Mac OS X Snow Leopard, so they are then able to upgrade to the most current OS, Lion, as Macgasm reports.
- In an attempt to make sure no one can (legally) copy its iconic glass cylinder structure at its Shanghai Apple Store, Apple has applied to patent the 40-foot tall curved glass enclosure, according to a filing dug up by AppleInsider.