Here we go — of all the stories I read this week, here is a potpourri of stories that I think are worth reading. Much of it is about the tech industry, mostly because I ended up being too work-focused as I recovered from my New York trip.
- What will the future look like in 2014? Helge Tenno weighs in.
- Jeff Atwood on the post-PC era, Microsoft(s msft) and Apple(s aapl).
- Craig Mod talks about how the new Flipboard for iPhone app was built and how it is all about new mobile digital narratives.
- Kickstarter is not just a company or a platform. It is a social movement, and that is why it is so disruptive. Here is an update from the company that is worth reading.
- Technology and digitization of everything is influencing how things are made. The New York Times takes a look at how furniture is made in the digital age.
- How to increase productivity per square inch of your screen. The title says it all.
- An interview with one of my favorite entrepreneurs, ngmoco CEO Neil Young. I just love how clear-headed this guy is.
Also, a bonus link from my personal blog: the new new globalization.