Apache Hadoop has been positioned as the technology to help companies leverage big data to learn about their customers, markets, products and operations. But is it right for you? Understanding what big data is, how it can help companies solve business challenges, and why Hadoop is the right technology match for working with large data sets will help IT professionals and CIOs cut through the hype and get to real answers.
This webinar will examine the most common use cases for Hadoop as well as the characteristics of big data that make nontraditional ways of managing it important and essential for businesses today.
Some of the topics we will discuss include:
- What are the characteristics of big data that make traditional data warehouse systems unable to manage it?
- What makes Hadoop so special for large data sets?
- What are some examples of big data challenges and where Hadoop is solving these challenges?
- What are the next steps in the evolution of Hadoop, and how can enterprises get started with it?
Our panel of experts includes:
- Jo Maitland, Research Director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
- Derrick Harris, Infrastructure Curator, GigaOM Pro
- Marc Staimer, President and Chief Dragon Slayer, Dragon Slayer Consulting
- Kirk Dunn, COO, Cloudera
This free analyst roundtable webinar, hosted by GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Cloudera, will take place on Wednesday, March 7, 2012, at 10 a.m. PST. Register today to claim your spot.