It’s pretty much a given that Apple(s AAPL) is getting ready to introduce the next version of the iPad. The clues are that it’s the time of year when Apple does this kind of thing, and that little leaks of information are beginning to slip out more frequently. Since we are (in all likelihood) in the final throes of iPad 3 rumor mill time, let’s recap what we can expect to see in Apple’s next tablet.
- The display will be bumped up to Retina resolution, 2048 x 1536 instead of the current 1024 x 768.
- The body will be thicker by approximately 1 millimeter, which could be because it’ll have
- Improved cameras, front and back. Better for photos and videoconferencing.
- The processor will either be upgraded to a quad-core version or be an improved version of a dual-core.
- 4G capable: several sources are reporting that the next iPad will be able to access LTE networks.
- Likely introduction? First week of March in San Francisco.
- Some are being bold enough to call the day, Wednesday, March 7.
With the announcement potentially still three weeks away, there’s still time for much, much more of this.