While much of the focus in the world of big data is on social media and other forms of new data, enterprises today are still struggling to manage hundreds if not thousands of legacy data sets created over the past couple of decades to run critical lines of business. Add to this complex task the desire to start integrating new forms of data such as machine and social data – what is typically called big data – and the task for enterprises is a monumental one.
This webinar will examine how the worlds of old and new data are coming together and how to best manage this in an enterprise to achieve business and financial goals. It will also look at case studies of companies who have made successful transitions in unifying their data.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor HPCC Systems from LexisNexis Risk Solutions for a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2011, at 10 a.m. PST.
Some of the topics we will discuss:
- Is moving from hundreds of data stores to a single data repository possible – and even desirable – for many enterprises?
- Determining which media services work best on what type of cloud
- What are the benefits – and possible downsides – to merging data sets into a centralized repository?
- What are some best-in-class methods to migrating toward a single data store?
- How can an enterprise measure the downstream impacts on human, IT and licensing before it makes the migration?
We have assembled a panel of experts, including:
- Michael Wolf, VP of Research, GigaOM Pro
- Derrick Harris, Infrastructure Curator, GigaOM Network
- Armando Escalante, CTO of LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Register today for this free analyst roundtable webinar, sponsored by LexisNexis.