Providers of media applications and web services often launch via public cloud, only to discover they want more control as their products scale. This analyst roundtable will discuss the pros and cons and how-tos of using public, private and hybrid cloud solutions for media delivery. We will examine the trade-offs among performance, cost, scalability and control in cloud-based strategies for delivering content to customers on a global scale.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Equinix for “Cloud delivery strategies for media services,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2011, at 10 a.m. Pacific Standard Time.
Discussion topics include:
- How to view data centers as “information factories”
- Determining which media services work best on what type of cloud
- Managing traffic aggregation and CDN distribution
- Controlling bandwidth costs while delivering scalable performance
- Managing and migrating across public, private and hybrid clouds
Our panel of experts includes:
- David Card, Research Director, GigaOM Pro — Moderator
- Derrick Harris, Infrastructure Curator, GigaOM Network
- Dave Ohara, GigaOM Pro Analyst, Founder, Greenm3.com
- Chris Sharp, GM Content and Digital Media, Equinix
Register today for this free analyst roundtable webinar, sponsored by Equinix.