Connectivity is changing everything. Near-ubiquitous broadband has created a world where companies can work seamlessly with employees in other states or even countries. It’s given us easy access to movies and TV shows right from our living room. But where will these changes take us in the next few years?
At GigaOM RoadMap, we’ll get answers to that question. We’ve assembled some of the great thinkers and innovators — people like Square’s Jack Dorsey, Arista Network’s Andy Bechtolsheim, and Sequoia Capital’s Michael Moritz — to answer that question and tell us how connectivity will change how we live, work, create and consume.
Our livestream of the event begins at
8:25 8:40 a.m. PT on Thursday, November 10, and we will be live-blogging the onstage sessions throughout both days. Please join the conversation on Twitter (use the #RoadMapConf hashtag and follow @gigaomroadmap).
Live-blogged stories from the event:
- GigaOM Pro Briefing: The 6 ways digital music is being disrupted
- CBSi Chief: Staying off Hulu was the right strategic decision
- Airbnb CEO: The future is about access, not ownership
- Why we need to take computers out of computing
- Michael Moritz: Easy to start, tough to keep a company going
- Pandora: Spotify is our friend, not a competitor
- The time for healthcare tech startups is now
- The book is great technology, but it’s not good for everything
- Search plus social equals richer shopping experiences
- Jack Dorsey: Technology like Twitter makes us more human
- Nest and the Apple-ification of the thermostat
- Bechtolsheim: AWS, open source rewrite rules for startups
- Need to optimize your sleep? There’s an app for that.
- What tomorrow’s cable box looks like
- Team game dynamics, not personal tools, fix healthcare
- DreamWorks Animation CTO: Bad 3-D movies can make you sick
- Confirmed: WordPress crosses 60 million blogs
- Dropbox: much more than storage and sync