Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
For today’s startup, properly managing your company’s risk is crucial. From large capital commitments to long-term contracts to hiring and firing key personnel, each decision you make as a founder could have significant — and possibly disastrous — impacts on your firm if you do not properly manage your risk. At the same time, risk-taking is second nature to entrepreneurs, who must make gutsy moves to beat the competition and change the world in some way. It’s this unique balance of taking necessary risks and prudent risk-management that is one of the defining challenges of being a startup founder, and it is the central topic for our upcoming webinar.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor TriNet for “Managing risk in your startup,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
Some of the topics we’ll discuss include:
- Can you really manage risk in an inherently risky business venture such as a startup?
- What areas represent the most risk to a startup’s business assets and capital?
- Best practices by startup founders for managing risk in their business.
We’ve assembled a panel of experts, including:
- Michael Wolf — VP of Research, GigaOM Pro
- Chris DeVore — Co-founder + General Partner, Founders Co-op
- Jeff Thermond — Chairman of the Board, Talari Networks
Register today for this free analyst roundtable webinar, sponsored by TriNet.
Illustration courtesy of Flickr user alancleaver_2000