Applelaunched a new page Thursday that confirms the return of its Tech Talks series, with the Tech Talk World Tour 2011 for iOS 5. These developer-focused events haven’t been put on by Apple since 2009, before the introduction of the iPad. Apple previously held Tech Talk World Tours in 2008 and 2009.
The Tech Talk World Tour 2011 will take place in nine cities in seven countries, starting in November and ending in January. Anyone registered as an iOS developer through Apple’s official Developer Program can attend the events, but space is limited and priority will be given to developers who actually have an app listed for sale in the App Store. Interest will no doubt be high, considering how much more quickly Apple’s annual Worldwide Developer’s Conference has sold out in recent years.
Developers who are interested can register via Apple’s official Tech Talk page at its developer site. The agenda for the one-day event has already been posted at the site, too, and is available for download as a PDF, too. Since the event is focused on iOS 5, topics include using iCloud storage, AirPlay, turn-based gaming in Game Center, and others related to feature additions made to the mobile OS in the new update.
Here’s a list of when and where the Tech Talks will take place:
- Berlin, Germany — Nov. 2, Maritim ProArte Hotel Berlin
- London, U.K. — Nov. 7, Kings Place
- Rome, Italy — Nov. 9, Rome Marriott Park Hotel
- Beijing, China — Dec. 5, Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel
- Seoul, South Korea — Dec. 8, Kintex
- São Paolo, Brazil — Jan. 9, Sheraton São Paulo WTC
- New York City, New York — Jan. 13, Millennium Broadway Hotel Times Square
- Seattle, Washington — Jan. 18, Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center
- Austin, Texas — Jan. 23, Austin Convention Center