Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
In addition to the iOS 5 updates, Apple (s aapl) has released the latest version of OS X 10.7 Lion, which allows users to access iCloud on the desktop. The update adds an iCloud System Preferences pane, and also prompts you to sign up for the service immediately upon install.
In addition to iCloud — which includes Back to My Mac remote access to your Macs from other Macs over the Internet, as well as Find My Mac, which allows you to locate lost Macs on a map and remotely wipe them — the update also includes a number of other fixes. From Apple’s release notes:
- Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
- Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
- Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.
- Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
- Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
- Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
- Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.
- Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
- Improve Active Directory integration.