If record labels were the canaries in the coal mine for digital entertainment, newspapers are bearing the brunt of digital disruption in news and information. With print circulation declining and ad rates collapsing, when and how will those proverbial “digital dimes” become dollars?
There have been spots of success in getting customers to pay for content online, including gaming and some segments of music and video. And newspapers and other information organizations are scrambling to roll out paywalls, usually supporting subscriptions and cross-platform access. Different models for content packaging and pricing are emerging gradually. Understanding consumer types and preferences through survey analysis is critical for building successful paid content strategies.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor PayPal for “Building a better paywall: monetizing digital content,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 10 a.m. PDT. As a thank you for attending this analyst roundtable, all attendees will receive a complimentary copy of our recent report, Building a better paywall: strategies for monetizing news content.
Our panel of experts includes:
- David Card, Research Director, GigaOM Pro
- Paul Sweeting, GigaOM Pro Analyst and Principal, Concurrent Media Strategies
- Carey Kolaja, Senior Director, Emerging Opportunities, PayPal
Some of the topics we will discuss include:
- Paid content lessons from online gaming, music and video
- Strategies for customer identification and segmentation
- How consumers prefer to buy digital content
- What kind of paid content packages show the most promise
- Other revenue stream opportunities
This free analyst roundtable webinar, hosted by GigaOM Pro and our sponsor PayPal, will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 10 a.m. PDT. Register today to claim your spot.
Photo courtesy Flickr user opensourceway