Today we’re introducing a daily feature that looks at some of the topics and articles we’re discussing over in the Green IT section of our GigaOM Pro research subscription service. In the Green IT section we write about everything from green data centers to the smart grid to energy software to some more general greentech financing. And I’d also like to welcome Adam Lesser, a longtime journalist and analyst, as the curator of the Green IT section!
Here’s what Adam is thinking about and reading today:
- While the lobbying for political support for cleantech looks to have kicked off on the national stage last weekend, there could be a “coming clean tech crash,” according to The Breakthrough Institute’s Jesse Jenkins.
- Even though IT accounts for roughly 2 percent of the world’s energy use, 30 percent of the energy use at universities is sucked up by technology. That’s a lot.
To read more of his thoughts, curated links and long form articles check out the Green IT section of GigaOM Pro. The long form articles are part of the subscription services, but you can read his links and daily musings for free.
New long form articles for the research service we’ve written recently include:
- How to leverage the web-sharing economy now (subscription)
- One of the first surveys out there on how many people are participating in the web-sharing economy (subscription)
- The Quarterly Green IT wrap-up (subscription)