Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
The first update to Apple’s (s AAPL) new Mac OS X 10.7 Lion operating system is out now, and in addition to the regular update, there’s a separate version just for owners of a MacBook Air or Mac mini loaded with Lion.
New owners of the latest Air and Mac mini will find fixes for issues related to flickering screens, booting problems when the power cord is attached, and slow running SD cards. Specifically, Apple says the update will:
- Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
- Resolve an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
- Resolve an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
- Resolve an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media
If you have Lion, but not on one either the Mac mini or the Air, you’ll get a separate update that only pertains to the first four issues listed above.