As mobile devices become more prevalent at work, the need for security continues to rise. WatchDox provides document control, tracking and security features through a web app, apps for iPad and iPhone (s aapl) (we covered it late last year) and now for BlackBerry (s rimm). WatchDox aims to ease concerns about mobile devices being a risky way to transmit and view sensitive documents by adding a layer of security and control to documents sent through its system.
On the BlackBerry, WatchDox users can render PDF (s adbe) and Microsoft Office (s msft). It offers features allowing users to:
- Share and view documents securely on BlackBerry devices.
- Restrict shared documents from being copied, printed or forwarded.
- Eliminate documents remotely, if needed.
The company also announced updates to its Apple iOS app, including:
- Document sync. Users can securely sync their online documents or their virtual data room folders through the secure app versus less secure consumer-grade syncing methods.
- Passcode protection. In case of device loss or theft, a passcode provides an additional layer of security against information leaks.
- Performance enhancements. Access to documents should be speedier.