As mobile devices become more prevalent at work, the need for security continues to rise. WatchDox provides document control, tracking and security features through a web app, apps for iPad and iPhone (we covered it late last year) and now for BlackBerry. WatchDox aims to ease concerns about mobile devices being a risky way to transmit and view sensitive documents by adding a layer of security and control to documents sent through its system.
On the BlackBerry, WatchDox users can render PDF and Microsoft Office. It offers features allowing users to:
- Share and view documents securely on BlackBerry devices.
- Restrict shared documents from being copied, printed or forwarded.
- Eliminate documents remotely, if needed.
The company also announced updates to its Apple iOS app, including:
- Document sync. Users can securely sync their online documents or their virtual data room folders through the secure app versus less secure consumer-grade syncing methods.
- Passcode protection. In case of device loss or theft, a passcode provides an additional layer of security against information leaks.
- Performance enhancements. Access to documents should be speedier.