Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
In the run-up to Earth Day on Friday, here’s the must attend event of the week: our third annual Green:Net event! OK, you can tell I’m a little excited about it.
Green:Net is the only event that looks at digital energy and how information technology — from software to the web to mobile to computing — can create a green economy, lead to energy efficiency (savings!) and fight climate change. We’ll be covering the smart grid, electric and connected cars, building energy efficiency, greener data centers, and how these technologies will shape cleantech investing this year.
We’ll be kicking off this day long event bright and early Thursday, April 21 at San Francisco’s Mission Bay Conference Center. That’s right, the day before Earth Day! Register here; you only have two more days to buy tickets online (email me at katie AT gigaom.com for a chance to enter our Green:Net ticket giveaway contest, and students interested in attending the event also ping me).
I’m looking forward to hearing from our list of great speakers, which includes:
- NRG Energy CEO, David Crane
- Google’s Green Energy Czar, Bill Weihl
- The DOE’s Loan Chief, Jonathan Silver
- Microsoft’s Environmental Strategist, Rob Bernard
- Spring Venture’s Founder, Sunil Paul
- Silver Lake Kraftwerk investors, Adam Grosser and Cathy Zoi (formerly the DOE’s Under-Secretary for Energy)
- OPower co-founder, Alex Laskey
- Control4’s CEO, Will West
- Silver Spring Networks’ EVP & CMO, Eric Dresselhuys
- eMeter CTO, Larsh Johnson
- Autodesk CEO, Carl Bass
- RelayRides CEO Shelby Clark
- Airbnb Co-founder, Chief Product Officer, Joe Gebbia
- Principal Otherlab, Saul Griffith
There will be a couple of startup launches at the event, and Greenpeace will also unveil a new report about clean power and Internet companies. Another highlight will be our Big Ideas winners, which will give the audience a glimpse into some of the 10 most innovative ideas in digital energy.
I’ll see you all there!
Image of Green:Net 2010, courtesy of GigaOM events.