It’s been said that 90 percent of the data that exists today was created in the last two years. That staggering growth presents opportunities to gain valuable insight from that data but also challenges in managing and analyzing the data. At the same time, new tools and technologies are emerging that go beyond (or build upon) Hadoop and NoSQL. Data management and analysis will never be the same.
Today, at our first-ever Big Data conference at Pier Sixty at the Chelsea Piers in New York City, we’re looking at what it takes to successfully capture and utilize your company’s data by talking to industry leaders. Our livestream of the event begins at 8:25 a.m. ET/5:25 am PT, and we will be live-blogging the onstage sessions throughout the day. Please join the conversation on Twitter (use the #bigdataconf hashtag).
[protected-iframe id=”7e6d3e13b354e22a8be46ff06e7d437b-14960843-33104822″ info=”http://cdn.livestream.com/embed/gigaombigdata?layout=4&autoplay=false” width=”560″ height=”340″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border:0;outline:0″ scrolling=”no”]
Live-blogged stories from the event:
- Data Science: Real-Time Big Data Use
- How Space-Time Makes Sense of Big Data
- Big Data Is Not Just for Eggheads
- As E-book Sales Explode, Consumption Patterns Change
- Building a Better Starbucks With Big Data
- 6 Big Ideas on Big Data
- One Man’s Data Dump Is Another Man’s Data Marketplace
- NetApp Founder: How Big Data Is Keeping Storage Interesting
- Bloomberg: Personalizing the News for 20 Million People
- How to Build a Hadoop Cluster: Think Sandwiches
- Andy Bechtolsheim on Big Data: I’m Watching Open Source Closely
- How Google Uses Data to Make a Better Google
- Tap11 Tries to Tame the Twitter Data Firehose
- Data Science Toolkit Democratizes Big Data Analysis
- Agile Risk Assessment Depends on Ad Hoc Analysis
- Is Big Data Making Us Dumber?
- Reducing Data Latency Leads to Faster Decisions
- The Hurdles for Moving Big Data ‘Round the World
- CA CTO: Big Data Could Be Cloud’s Killer App