Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
Just over a year ago, the notion of a “tablet market” was something many in the industry scoffed at. The yet-to-be-seen iPad was derided by some as a worthless gimmick, a colossal mistake, and even as a purely fictional rumor. The failures of past tablets — the Newton, Intel’s proposed Web Tablet, and plenty of others — were trotted out as evidence that there was no such thing as a viable market for tablet devices. But as 2011 opens, the skeptics have to admit: We were right; the market was ripe for a whole crop of new tablet devices.
For those of you staying on top of this market, and what it means for your business, we have a full library of content to help you out. In addition to the original research highlighted below, our curators track down the best new tablet stories, daily. See a story you think we should include? Tweet it over to us at @gigaompro or directly to our mobile curator, @colin_gibbs.
GigaOM Pro coverage of this new device category touches everything from the device form factor and the apps they run to the networks they run over and their impact on the businesses that employ those who use them.
|Related Company Profiles|
|Research in Motion|
- Is The Age of the Web Tablet Finally Upon Us?
- In Q3, the Tablet and 4G Were the Big Stories
- Mobile Q4: All Eyes Were on Android, 4G and the Rising Tablet Tide
- 5 Things Needed for a 48 Million iPad Market
- Can Anyone Really Compete with the iPad?
- How Microsoft Can Win Back the Tablet Market
- Who Can Compete with the iPad?
- With the iPad, Apple Takes Google to the Mat
Form Factor and Operating System Issues
- Web Tablet Survey: Apple’s iPad Hits the Right Notes
- Handwriting Recognition: A Killer App for the iPad?
- Why Apple Should Consider a 7-inch iPad
- The Case for Removable Media on the iPad
- How AT&T Will Deal with iPad Data Traffic
- The Internet of Things: What It Is and Why It Matters
- Mobile Operators Strategies for Connected Devices
- Forecast: Tablet App Sales To Hit $8B by 2015
- Report: The In-App Advertising Landscape
- Tips for Developers Targeting the iPad
Tablets in the Enterprise
- The Consumer Influence on Enterprise Mobility: Part 1: Rogue Devices and Part 2: Transient Apps
- Why the iPad is Right for the Enterprise
- Report: The Enterprise Videoconference Landscape, 2010 – 2015
- Rumored Apple Tablet: Opportunities Too Big to Ignore
- How iAd and the iPad Will Change Mobile Marketing
- How Startups Can Cash in on the iPad’s Weaknesses