In 2010 we saw the appification of the mobile web, location services stride towards critical mass and the continued battle over mobile handset platforms intensify. A critical theme across all of these trends is the increasing importance of marketing and advertising on the mobile handset. Whether you’re an app developer looking to rise through the ranks of the App Store or a leading consumer brand trying to launch a new product line, the mobile channel is a central part of the overall marketing mix.
That will be more true than ever in 2011, and so GigaOM Pro and sponsor Motricity will be hosting a free, hour-long roundtable conversation on February 9 at 10 a.m. PST to discuss how marketers, carriers and platform owners to prepare a battle plan for the year ahead. Join us for this in-depth conversation with the following experts:
- Derek Kerton: GigaOM Pro analyst and President of the Kerton Group
- Bob Egan: GigaOM Pro analyst and Chief Analyst, Seraphim Group
- Jim Ryan: Chief Strategy Officer, Motricity
- Michael Wolf: Vice President of Research, GigaOM and Moderator
Some of the topics we’ll discuss:
- Which channels for mobile marketing (SMS, Banner, App, Location, etc) are most effective today and how that will change
- How the mobile marketing landscape could shift in 2011
- Whether apps are a must-have or dead-end for mobile marketing
- How to measure and determine effectiveness of your mobile marketing strategy
This free webinar will take place on Wednesday, February 9 at 10 a.m. PST. If you are interested in attending, please register today.