Now that the online collaboration service Dimdim has been purchased by Salesforce (s crm) and is being shut down, what alternatives for collaboration, conferencing and screen sharing remain available?
The web conferencing market has changed considerably since our 2007 WWD roundup, but here are a few options that we’ve covered in the past.
- Fuze Meeting. This service is entirely browser-based, and offers many features, although it doesn’t have a free option.
- Skype. Simon reminded us that this is a good alternative for small meetings, and it has both video and screen-sharing capabilities.
- Yugma. This app includes some sophisticated features, but still offers a free version.
- Yuuguu. Doriano liked this IM-based service because it doesn’t require those you’re sharing screens with to download or install anything.
Here are some of the other solutions available. Prices, features and usability vary greatly.
- Adobe Web Conferencing (s adbe)
- Live Meeting (s msft)
- GoToMeeting (s ctxs)
- WebEx (s csco)
- Zoho Meeting
What will you use to replace Dimdim?
Related content from GigaOM Pro (sub. req.):