After upgrading to iOS 4.2.1 (s aapl), I noticed that visual voicemail wasn’t working. The phone app kept asking for my password. Well, I don’t know my voicemail password anymore, and I suspect I’m not alone. Here’s how to fix it if you’re in the same boat. From the AT&T (s t) support site for the iPhone, I was able to find the following information:
- Call 611 or 800-331-0500.
- Press 1 to use existing number, or enter the wireless number starting with area code.
- Tap the 3 key to “get help with voicemail.” (5 for enterprise customers)
- Tap the 3 key to reset your VM password.
- Enter the Billing Zip code for the account.
- A temporary password will be sent via SMS
- Access voicemail with this temporary password.
After performing the above steps, my voicemail was accessible once again, and I didn’t appear to have lost any prior voice mail messages. AT&T’s support page has several other options available as well, but I found the above to be the quickest and easiest to execute directly from my iPhone.
Related content from GigaOM Pro (sub req’d):