Techsmith’s popular screencast recording and editing tool, Camtasia, has just been updated; it now includes much better captioning support. Both Camtasia Studio 7.1 (the Windows (s msft) version of the app) and Camtasia for Mac 1.2 (s aapl) offer new and improved captioning tools, including:
- Simplified captioning support
- Multiple language support
- Importing/export of captions, including support for common caption file formats (SRT and SAMI), and sync with video
- Ability to search the content within the videos you create
- Screencast.com (Techsmith’s screencast video hosting site) now has support for closed captions, caption-based video search, and HTML5-enabled mobile device playback.
Additionally, Camtasia Studio gets automated speech-to-text transcription tools (based on Windows Speech Recognition) for generating captions.vital required by legislation
As well as the improved captioning support, Camtasia also gets some other useful updates, including iPad-optimized video output, 64-bit codec support and integration with Camtasia Relay, a distance learning tool.
What tools do you use for captioning your videos?
Related content from GigaOM Pro (sub. req.):