Amazon Web Services, a division of Amazon (s AMZN) announced it’s launching Read Replicas, a new feature for its relational database service, RDS. The new feature would make it easy to scale MySQL deployments, and would make it a breeze for Amazon customers to create one or more copies of a MySQL database instance.
- Read Replicas can be created using the AWS management console or RDS APIs or RDS Command Line tools.
- The Read Replica will have the same MySQL version as the original.
- Read Replicas are billed at the same rates as standard DB instances.
- The Replicas can have more storage and processing power independent of the original DB instance.
Related Posts from GigaOM Pro (subscription required)
- Defining Internal Cloud Options: From Appistry to VMware
- Infrastructure Overview, Q2 2010
- How the Cloud Can Help Carriers Sell Content