FilerFrog is a neat Windows (s msft) utility that adds a bunch of useful file handling tools to your context (right-click) menu, handling tasks like moving files and image resizing. As it only adds one top-level item, it won’t clutter your context menu, but all the tools are just a couple of clicks away. FilerFrog used to be a commercial product, but it’s now available for free.
Here’s a rundown of the things that FilerFrog can do:
- Extract from folder: Move a folder’s contents to its parent folder
- Extract to folder: Move any number of files or folders to a new folder.
- Copy/move: Copy and move files and folders without hunting through My Computer looking for the same often-used destination folder.
- Delete empty files or folders: Search for and delete empty files and folders.
- Copy path to clipboard: Copies the current path to the clipboard.
- Invert selection: Files that were selected are unselected, and the others are selected.
- Split and join: Split a large file of any type into smaller pieces.
- List of files: Makes a text or HTML listing of the files and folders selected.
- Encrypt/decrypt: Encrypts and decrypts files using, RC4 stream cipher encryption.
- Resize image: Resizes images.
- Put logo on image: Places a logo or other graphic on an image.
- Image album: Creates and album of images.
- Sort desktop: Arrange your desktop icons and forms them into groups.
FilerFrog is a free download, with versions available for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows machines.
Let us know what you think of FilerFrog in the comments.
Related GigaOM Pro content (sub. req.): Enabling the Web Work Revolution