From Andy Grove’s point-of-view on American jobs to Google’s growing power and the importance of solitude for leadership — here are some of the most interesting pieces I have read over the past few days. In particular, pay attention to the un-social nature of social networks; then go out and mingle.
* Andy Grove: What’s wrong with America and how we can fix it. (On this holiday weekend, find a moment to read what Grove has to say. You may not agree with him, but it will make you think differently.)
* William Deresiewicz: If you want others to follow, learn to be alone with your thoughts.
* The Telegraph: Google CEO: We are like the government. You can trust us with your data.
* PPC Blog: How Google Works: An easy to understand infographic.
* Nokia Blog: The fight starts now: Head of Nokia’s Mobility Solutions Group Anssi Vanjoki argues that he will bring Nokia back to the forefront of smartphone and mobile computer business. Good luck with that.
* Dave Pell: However great they might be, social networks could be making us less social.
And the Real Real Social Network!