Every weekend, I try to collate some of the best posts and articles I’ve read on the web and share them with all of you. For the past few weeks I have been remiss in my duties, for reasons explained earlier. So today I wanted to share some of the links and news stories that I think are worth your time.
- Yahoo is buying Associated Content for $90 million in an effort to compete with AOL and Demand Media. It seems Yahoo is back on a content kick after having a change of heart.
- Google may launch a competitor to Amazon’s S3 storage service at Google I/O. This from a company that has struggled to deliver Google Drive. Amazing.
- In an “Oh-no-they-didn’t” move, the National Venture Capital Association compared venture capital to tobacco. Paul Kedrosky rightfully skewers them for their self-serving behavior.
- The future’s so bright you gotta wear shades. No seriously, there’s a lot of doomsday talk going around these days but a new book, “The Rational Optimist,” by Dr. Matt Ridley argues that the best is yet to come.
- Instapaper creator Marco Arment argues that the iPad doesn’t have to do everything. I agree.
- The State of Web Spam…actually it’s more like the state of blog spam, but close enough. Great stats from the Akismet crew.