Stay on Top of Emerging Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
It’s Green IT time at GigaOM Pro! On Monday, we published a new report from John Gartner on opportunities for IT companies in the emerging electric vehicle market, and kicked off a two-week-long series of Green IT features that will look at finding a niche in the EV market, data analytics and the smart grid, and energy-efficient software for data centers.
This Thursday, we’ll be hanging out at Green:Net 2010, the only conference dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and green technology. Stop by the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco to say hi and chat with a few of our GigaOM Pro analysts and contributors. Clint Wheelock, Jeff St. John, Katie Fehrenbacher, Josie Garthwaite, Mike Wolf and myself will all be on site to answer questions and talk shop with the cleantech crowd that’s gathering.
There are just a handful of tickets left; they’re available on a first-come, first-serve basis. GigaOM Pro readers can get a $75 discount — just follow this link to register now.
The speakers at Green:Net 2010 will be focused on one thing: how software, computing and the web can be leveraged to save the planet. At the same time, attendees will glean insights into huge new technology markets that will spearhead the green economy.
A selection from our speaker list includes:
- Jerry Brown, California Attorney General and Gubernatorial Candidate
- Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures
- Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director at Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Bill Weihl, Google’s Green Energy Czar
- Bill Gross, Founder and CEO of Idealab
- Dian Grueneich, Commissioner for the California Public Utilities Commission
- Laura Ipsen, SVP and GM, Smart Grid, Cisco
- Eric Dresselhuys, EVP, Silver Spring Networks
- Michael Harrigan VP of Electric Vehicle Services, NRG Energy
- Pedro Pizarro EVP, Power Operations, Southern California Edison
Companies represented include Ford, IBM, Nissan, General Motors, Cisco, Silver Spring Networks, SAP, Reliant Energy, Microsoft, Greenpeace and many more. Hope to see you there!